As I say in the supermarket every now and then it’s healthy to indulge yourself. Try my assistant Ingrid’s AMAZING chocolate chip cookies. They are THE BEST!!! We like to eat them frozen, but watch your dental work!!
2 sticks unsalted butter
¾ cup light brown sugar
¾ cup sugar
3 tsp. real vanilla extract
2 large eggs
4 1/3 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips ( a little more than 2 twelve oz. bags)
2 1/3 cups all-purpose flour
1 tsp. baking soda
1 tsp. salt
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Beat butter and sugars together until creamy.
- Add vanilla extract and eggs one at a time.
- Add flour, baking soda and salt then beat thoroughly.
- Fold in the chocolate chips, making sure they are evenly distributed throughout the dough.
- Form small balls of dough with your fingers and place them on ungreased cookie sheets. Bake them for five minutes then rotate your cookie sheets and cook them for about 4-5 more minutes or until they are just cooked enough to maintain their shape when transferred to a cooling rack. They will not yet be golden brown.
- Once the cookies have cooled enough to be handled, move them to a parchment paper lined tray and finish cooling them in the freezer. These cookies are chewy and delicious either frozen or room temperature once they have initially been freezer cooled.